Why Home Care?
A recent survey in personal support found an overwhelming majority of seniors (86 percent) want to continue living at home for as long as possible. Seniors appear to be willing to seek help to do that. The study found that 54 percent of seniors who live alone are four times more likely to use professional care than those who live with their children. The users of in-home care tend to be older: 42 percent of seniors over the age of 80 rely on professionals. The reason for this is that most accidents occur in the home. Tasks such as going to the bathroom, getting out of bed, bathing, cooking and much more put people at risk of slip and falls because of loss of balance and this leads to return visits to the hospital with more problems.
At KRS Home Care Inc. we take pride in supporting our community. We are highly involved with fundraising for many causes, donating to our favourite charities and/or volunteering our time to help in any way that we can. When it comes to supporting our clients, we ensure that every one of our clients has another two personal support workers assigned to guarantee no missed visits. KRS Home Care ensures punctuality, reliability and accountability.
What We Do:
- We give 5% of all proceeds to charities homelessness and battered women
- Consistently help raise money for other societies within the community
- We pay our staff considerably higher than other service providers
- Our consult can take place in the clients home, hospital bedside or wherever it is needed
- Over 10 years of working knowledge within the entire "Circle of Care" realm
- 3 workers assigned to each client so a visit is never missed